History buffs enjoy visiting Bergama though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's temples, opera houses and archaeological sites. A top sight in the city is Red Basilica.
- There are 16 hotels and other accommodation options in Bergama
- The closest major airport is in Edremit (EDO-Korfez), 28.4 mi (45.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Mytilene (MJT-Mytilene Intl.), 32.2 mi (51.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Bergama
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Red Basilica, Pergamon Acropolis, and Asclepion. Additionally, you might want to add Archeological Museum to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 16 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Bergama. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hera Boutique Hotel - Boutique Class - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- Attalos Suites Hotel - Our customers like the helpful staff and room size at this hotel. Amenities at this hotel include free breakfast and free WiFi.
- Akropolis Guest House - With a stay at this 3-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers love its proximity to shopping and first-rate property condition.
Dressing for Bergama
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 17°C during the day and 4°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 31°C, whilst the average at night is 7°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 32°C with night-time averages of 14°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 25°C and night-time averages of 5°C
- Bergama gets about 23 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 31°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 4°C