Search Hotels in Beaujolais
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 24 Jan 2020
Visitors to Beaujolais are sure to enjoy the wineries. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses, spas and parks.
- There are 82 hotels and other accommodation options in Beaujolais
- The closest major airport is in Lyon (LYS-Saint-Exupery), 30.5 mi (49.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Beaujolais
Cultural venues in the city include Claude Bernard Museum, Musee Paul Dini and Espace Pierres Folles. The city is notable for landmarks like Saint Bonnet Chapel, Village de Ville-sur-Jarnioux and Eglise de Belleville. Wine tasting is just one of the top activities, while Earl Frederic Trichard Winery and Golf Club du Beaujolais are sights to visit.
In Villefranche-sur-Saone, you'll find 82 hotels and other accommodation options so you can easily plan your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Le Clos du Cher en Beaujolais - Amenities at this bed & breakfast include free breakfast and an in-room kitchen. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Chateau de BAGNOLS - Our customers like the dining options and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Best Western Plus Hotel Plaisance - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a fitness centre, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Top places to see in the area include Musee d'Art Contemporain, 20.7 mi/33.3 km from the city centre, and Tete d'Or Park, which is 21 mi/33.7 km away.
Getting around Beaujolais
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Saint-Georges-de-Reneins Station, Villefranche-sur-Saône Station or Belleville-sur-Saone Station. Beaujolais might not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Beaujolais
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 14°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -1°C
- From April to June, the average is 25°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 27°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 19°C as the daytime average and 0°C as the night-time average
- About 30 millimetres of rain falls on Beaujolais each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 26°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -1°C