Luxury-minded travellers will find upscale places to stay in Batticaloa, though all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the bird watching, jungle and library. This welcoming city also attracts visitors with its a cathedral, restaurants and temples.
- You'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- May is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas December is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Colombo (CMB-Bandaranaike Intl.), 129 mi (207.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Batticaloa
- Its library and a cathedral are notable, and landmarks include Our Lady of Sorrows Church, St Anthony’s Church, Batticaloa, Sri Lanka, and St Mary’s Cathedral
- Favourite places to visit in the city include Batticaloa Market, Batticaloa, Sri Lanka, St Michael’s College and Auliya Mosque
- Also, some natural sights include birds, jungle and beaches that can't be understated
Getting around Batticaloa
Batticaloa has plenty of options for transport. You can explore your options for water transport at the port.
Dressing for Batticaloa
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 32°C during the day and 22°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 32°C, while the average at night is 23°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 31°C with night-time averages of 24°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 31°C and nighttime averages of 22°C
- About 63 millimetres of rain falls on Batticaloa each year