Visitors can enjoy all that Banjul has to offer including the parks, beaches and monuments. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its museums. Top sights around the area include Banjul Beach and Kololi Beach.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodation options in Banjul
- The closest major airport is in Banjul (BJL-Banjul Intl.), 8.8 mi (14.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Banjul
Favourite places to visit in the city include Banjul Beach, Gambia National Museum and State House. Additionally, you might want to add Arch 22 to your agenda.
As you start planning your visit to Banjul, the best accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 64 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- Lilis Apartments is located 0.3 mi (0.5 km) from the heart of Banjul. Located in Banjul, this 2.5-star apartment features a kitchen, free WiFi and a balcony.
- Keur Siga (self Catering. House TO Rent is 0.5 mi (0.8 km) from the centre of Banjul. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Serrekunda can enjoy access to a private beach and free breakfast, along with a private balcony. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and beach locale.
One of the popular sights outside the city is Kololi Beach, located 9.4 mi (15.1 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Banjul
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 33°C during the day and 17°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 32°C, whilst the average at night is 21°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 31°C with night-time averages of 23°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 32°C and night-time averages of 18°C
- Average annual rainfall for Banjul is 12 millimetres
- Usually February and March are the hottest months with an average of 32°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 18°C