Search Hotels in Azay-le-Rideau
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 27 Nov 2019
Reviewed on 3 Aug 2019
History buffs enjoy visiting Azay-le-Rideau though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's architecture and monuments. Top sights around the area include Tours Cathedral, Parc des Expositions de Tours and Chateau de Villandry.
- There are 30 hotels and other accommodation options in Azay-le-Rideau
- The closest major airport is in Tours (TUF-Tours - Loire Valley), 15.7 mi (25.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Azay-le-Rideau
Cultural venues in the city include Chateau Azay-Le-Rideau, Chateau de l'Islette and Maurice Dufresne Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Valley of the Goupillières. In the area, you'll also find Tours Cathedral and Parc des Expositions de Tours.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 30 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Azay-le-Rideau. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hôtel Troglododo - This 3-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking and a terrace. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and comfortable beds.
- Hôtel de Biencourt - Our customers like the central location and comfortable beds at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to parking and a terrace, along with free WiFi.
- Le Grand Monarque - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and a bar. Expedia customers like its overall value and convenient parking.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Vinci International Convention Centre, located 13.3 mi (21.3 km) from the city centre, and Chateau de Villandry, which is 5.1 mi/8.2 km away.
Getting around Azay-le-Rideau
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Azay-le-Rideau Station. Azay-le-Rideau may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Azay-le-Rideau
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 13°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 24°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 26°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 19°C as the daytime average and 3°C as the night-time average
- About 672 millimetres of rain falls on Azay-le-Rideau each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 25°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Azay-le-Rideau?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Azay-le-Rideau, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay for a family holiday in Azay-le-Rideau?
What's the best accommodation for a couple visiting Azay-le-Rideau?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Azay-le-Rideau?
Where's the best place to stay in Azay-le-Rideau to be near historical sites?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Azay-le-Rideau?
Azay-le-Rideau Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Azay-le-Rideau by Star Rating
- Hotels near Azay-le-Rideau Airports
- Accommodation near Azay-le-Rideau Attractions
- More accommodation types in Azay-le-Rideau
- Choose Your Azay-le-Rideau Hotel Style
- Search Azay-le-Rideau Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Azay-le-Rideau
- Hotels Near Azay-le-Rideau, Centre-Loire Valley
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends