Visiting Ankara (and vicinity)
History buffs will enjoy a visit to Ankara (and vicinity), though all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the monuments, museums and castle. Visitors who travel to this welcoming city can discover its cafes, shopping and restaurants. Top attractions include Column of Julian and Haci Bayram Mosque.
- There are 120 Ankara (and vicinity) hotels
- September is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas April is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Ankara (ESB-Esenboga), 14 mi (22.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Ankara (and vicinity)
- Known for its museums, live music and theatres, including cultural attractions, such as Museum of Anatolian Civilizations, Ethnographic Museum, and War of Independence Museum
- Attractions include Deniz Dunyasi, Ankara Zoo, and Aqua Vega
- Notable for its monuments, historic sites, castle and landmarks such as Column of Julian, Haci Bayram Mosque, and Ankara Citadel
- Genclik Park, Kurtulus Park, and Altinpark are just some of the places to enjoy the area's natural beauty
- AnkaMall, Karum Shopping Mall and Karum Business & Shopping Center are top spots for shopping
- Everyone, not just sports fans, will find lots of reasons to cheer at a game or event at 19 Mayis Stadium, Ankara Arena or Ankara Ice Palace
Getting around Ankara (and vicinity)
Ankara (and vicinity) has plenty of options for transport. To see more of the wider area, hop on a train at Ankara Station.
Staying in Ankara (and vicinity)
With 146 hotels and other accommodations available in this city, you'll find a holiday retreat at an affordable rate. There are 115 hotels ranging from GBP 19 to GBP 276 per night.
For trips with the family or other getaways, you might consider these top-rated, larger hotels:
- Hotel ibis Ankara Airport
- Jw Marriott Hotel Ankara
Looking for a boutique hotel or cosy spot? You may enjoy these traveler-recommended, small-scale inns and unique hotels:
- Cassiel Hotel
- Divan Cukurhan - Boutique Class
Cassiel Hotel, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 5 out of 5 user rating. Also highly rated by guests are Divan Cukurhan - Boutique Class and Hotel ibis Ankara Airport.
Dressing for Ankara (and vicinity)
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 14°C and the nighttime average to be -4°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 27°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September averages 29°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 22°C during the day and -2°C at night
- Ankara (and vicinity) gets about 800 millimetres of rain per year