Visiting Alor Setar
Visitors can enjoy all that Alor Setar has to offer including the monuments, museums and temples. Tourists can also enjoy the city's seafood restaurants, art and architecture.
- There are 36 hotels and other accommodation options in Alor Setar
- The closest major airport is in Alor Setar (AOR-Sultan Abdul Halim), 5 mi (8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Alor Setar
Cultural venues in the city include Kedah State Art Gallery (Balai Seni Negeri), Kedah Royal Museum (Muzium Diraja Kedah) and Paddy Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Alor Setar Tower (Menara Alor Setar), Nobat Gallery (Balai Nobat) and Zahir Mosque. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Aman Central and State High Court (Mahkamah Tinggi Negeri).
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 36 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Alor Setar. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- TH Hotel & Convention Centre Alor Setar - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and helpful staff.
- The Leverage Business Hotel Kuala Kedah - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this hotel. Amenities at this 1.5-star hotel include a 24-hour front desk and free WiFi.
- StarCity Hotel Alor Setar - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and central location.
A top sight outside the city is Mount Jerai, located 23.8 mi (38.3 km) from the city centre.
Dressing for Alor Setar
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 35°C during the day and 21°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 34°C, whilst the average at night is 23°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 31°C with night-time averages of 23°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 31°C and night-time averages of 21°C
- Alor Setar gets about 1950.80 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually March and February are the hottest months with an average of 34°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 21°C