History buffs will enjoy exploring Almeria, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, parks and theatres. Top sights in the city include El Toyo Beach and Cabo de Gata-Níjar Natural Park.
- There are 88 hotels and other accommodation options in Almeria
- The closest major airport is in Almeria (LEI), 5.1 mi (8.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Almeria
Cultural venues in the city include Almeria Air Raid Shelters, Apolo Theatre and Andalusian Center of Photography. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Puerta de Purchena Square, Almeria Cathedral, and Arab Cisterns Jairan. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: El Toyo Beach, Cabo de Gata-Níjar Natural Park and Cabo de Gata Beach.
In Enix, you'll find 88 accommodation choices and hotels to make it easy to plan your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Barceló Cabo de Gata - This 4-star hotel in Retamar features 3 outdoor pools, a full-service spa and a golf course. Expedia travellers love its WiFi and high-quality beds.
- Hotel Sercotel Gran Fama - Our customers like the breakfast and convenient parking at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Catedral Almería - This 4-star hotel in Almería Centro features a restaurant, free WiFi and a bar. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
A top sight outside the city is Oasys MiniHollywood, located 12.5 mi (20.1 km) from the centre of the city.
Getting around Almeria
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Almería Station. Almeria might not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Almeria
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 20°C during the day and 8°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 29°C, whilst the average at night is 11°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 31°C with night-time averages of 18°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 27°C and night-time averages of 9°C
- Almeria gets about 219 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 31°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 9°C