Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Alexandria, which is also known for its shopping and lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's university setting, entertainment choices and theatres. In Alexandria, there are 67 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Alexandria
Cultural venues in the city include Sinclair Lewis Interpretive Center, Theatre L'Homme Dieu and Minnesota Lakes Maritime Museum. Attractions like Casey’s Amusement Park and Erickson's Petting Zoo are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Viking Altar Rock, Big Ole Viking Statue and Kensington Runestone.
In Miltona, you'll find 67 hotels and other accommodation options so you can easily plan your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Grandstay Hotel And Suites Morris - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Alexandria - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Grandstay Hotel & Suites Parkers Prairie - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Alexandria
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 7°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -17°C
- From April to June, the average is 26°C during the day and -3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 27°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 17°C as the daytime average and -16°C as the night-time average
- Alexandria gets about 638 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 26°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -15°C