Expedia is the official travel partner of the UEFA Champions League and ahead of this year’s Final we have launched THE ultimate Paris itinerary for travelling football fans, as part of a once-in-a-lifetime prize.
There is so much to discover in the French capital, that we want fans to make the most of their trip outside of the 90 minutes of football. This money-can’t-buy prize will see four lucky winners and a friend enjoy a very special city tour with the one and only Brazilian football legend Ronaldinho, plus watch the UEFA Champions League Final at the Stade de France on 28 May 2022.
More than any other player, Ronaldinho represents the joy of football and his time in Paris was a major goal post in his career, as he started his European football journey there. Now the ultimate Brazilian showman is taking his fabulous freestyle skills back to Paris, as he turns expert guide for this 90-minute tour.
The tour will let you take in the views of the most famous monuments along the Seine, stop at Ronaldinho’s favourite Parisian neighbourhood, and end with a drink at a hotel rooftop bar to take in the sights of the beautiful city. But what makes this tour so unique, is that the freestyle master will entertain you with his best tricks along the way!
The journey doesn’t end there either, as winners will also receive a pair of tickets to attend the UEFA Champions League Final on 28 May at the Stade de France.
The full competition prize includes:
• Travel to and from Paris (27. May to 29. May)
• Two-night stay in a 4-star hotel in the centre of Paris
• Exclusive 90-minute tour of Paris with Ronaldinho
• 2 x Tickets to watch the UEFA Champions League Final on 28. May
• Transfer to/from the hotel to the stadium
How to enter
To enter the prize draw, here are the steps to follow:
- Follow @ExpediaUK or @ExpediaDE on Instagram
- Go to the competition grid post on @ExpediaUK or @ExpediaDE and tag a friend you would like to take to “Ronaldinho’s Route 10 Freestyle Tour” and the UEFA Champions League Final
- Your friend must also follow @ExpediaUK
The competition is open between Tuesday 10th May 00:01AM BST and Monday 16th May 23:59PM BST. Good luck!
Even if you are not one of the lucky winners, be inspired by his itinerary and follow in Ronaldinho's Parisian footsteps by booking these activities on Expedia:
- An open top bus tour
- A Parisian culinary experience such as this Private Wine & Cheese Tasting or this Ultimate Paris Food Tour
- A Champs-Elysée walking tour
- A stay at Hotel Raphael to enjoy the rooftop garden in the Centre of Paris with amazing view
By entering the Prize Draw, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (these "Terms and Conditions"). Promotional materials relating to the Prize Draw, including all information on how to enter the Prize Draw, also form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between any terms referred to in such promotion materials and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions take precedence.
1. The promoter of this Prize Draw is Expedia, 1111 Expedia Group Way W., Seattle, WA, 98119 USA ("Expedia").
2. Participants must be at least 18 years old and legally resident within the United Kingdom, France, and Germany and have an Instagram account. Employees and agents of Expedia or any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies and their immediate families and members of their households, and anyone otherwise connected with operation or fulfilment of the Prize Draw are not eligible to take part. Expedia reserves the right to require participants to prove that they are eligible to enter the Prize Draw. If the winner is found to be ineligible, Expedia reserves the right to award the prize to another participant and to require the return of any prize already awarded.
3. The Prize Draw commences at 00.00am BST on Tuesday 10th May 2022 and all entries must be received by 23.59pm BST on the closing date of Monday 16th May 2022.
4. Entry to the Prize Draw is free; no purchase is necessary. To enter the Prize Draw, participants must follow either @ExpediaUK or @ExpediaDE on Instagram, go to the competition grid post on the @ExpediaUK or @ExpediaDE and tag a friend they would like to go to the UEFA Champions League Final with. The friend must also follow @ExpediaUK or @ExpediaDE. Entries submitted by any other means will not be accepted; only those submitted via the official method of entry will be accepted.
5. The Prize Draw will be promoted on Instagram at the following URL address: https://www.instagram.com/expediauk/ or https://www.instagram.com/expediade/. This will be promoted via dedicated Instagram posts throughout the live competition dates (10th- 16th May 2022). Use of script, macro or any automated system to enter the Prize Draw is prohibited and entries made (or which appear to have been made) using any such system may be treated as void. Any illegible, incomplete or fraudulent entries will be rejected. Participants may post one (1) Entry regardless of entry channel during the Prize Draw. There are only four (4) prizes to be won by four (4) winners in total, each a legal resident in one of the jurisdictions outlined in clause 2 above. Entries received from any person or Account in excess of the stated limit will be void. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void.
6. The prize to be won for four (4) winners is a trip to watch the UEFA Champions League Final in Paris, to enjoy the Ronaldinho Route 10 Freestyle Tour = tour in Paris and experience a meet-and-greet with Ronaldinho (“Prize”). Prize includes round-trip economy class airfare for each winner and one (1) guest each from a major international commercial airport in the UK, France or Germany and they will stay in a hotel in Paris for two nights in one room. The winners and guest will travel to Paris on 27th May 2022 and will return on 29th May 2022. Each prize has a maximum total budget of $4,000 USD (approximate retail value “ARV”; converted to local currency). The Prize may only be redeemed by the winner himself/herself plus one (1) guest chosen by winner. The winner and his/her guest may be required to present personal identification documents at check in to prove their identity. Expedia will work with winner to arrange travel. The Prize is subject to availability of flights and hotel/VR accommodations.
A major credit card will be required at check in at hotel to cover any incidental charges. No cancellation of reservation or transfer of reservation to another date will be permitted after reservation has been made.
If travel restrictions prevent attendance or utilization of the Prize as described above, an Alternate prize (“Alternate Prize”) will be offered. The Alternate Prize will be a $4,000 USD Expedia voucher. Alternate Prize has an ARV of $4,000 USD.
Actual value of Prize may vary based on destination, rates at time of booking and travel dates. Any difference between stated ARV and actual value will not be awarded. Winner and his/her guest must travel together on the same itinerary and are responsible for obtaining any required necessary documentation (i.e., valid passport, visas, etc.) prior to travel. Guest must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence (and at least 18), unless the child or legal ward of a winner and must sign a liability/publicity release prior to issuance of travel documents. If guest is child or legal ward of a winner, winner must sign and return release on behalf of such child or legal ward.
In respect of any Prize comprising travel or any other activity, a winner must expressly acknowledge that undertaking such travel or activity is at their own risk and sole discretion and they will make their own assessment of the risks and of their own suitability to participate in or to undertake such activity or travel.
A winner must follow government advice in relation to using their Prize, in particular they must follow any restrictions in relation to travelling. Please check government advisories before booking and travelling.
Certain travel restrictions may apply. Winner is responsible for paying any applicable federal, provincial, state, local, income and withholding taxes, if any, and any and all other costs and expenses not listed herein as being provided, including but not limited to ground transportation, luggage fees, meals, beverages, hotel incidentals, souvenirs and gratuities. In the event that any tax withholding is required by law for the Prize (or a portion thereof), winner authorizes Expedia to make the corresponding deduction from the prize amount. Any Prize details not specified above will be determined by Expedia, in its sole discretion. Expedia will not be liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellations or delays. Expedia will not be liable for any airline and/or hotel fees incurred as a consequence of changing or cancelling flight and/orhotel reservations. Expedia will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or prize components. Winner may not transfer, assign or substitute a Prize, or redeem a Prize for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Expedia, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of comparable or greater value. Prize, or Alternate Prize, is awarded “as is” without any warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Expedia. The Prize, or Alternate Prize, is subject to and the winner must abide by the prize providers’ terms and conditions of booking, of carriage for the flights (for the Prize) and of stay for the hotel/VR. The Prize, or Alternate Prize, is subject to the terms and conditions of Expedia.
7. The winners of the Prize Draw will be the first four (4) names chosen at random from all complete, eligible, properly submitted entries received before the end of the applicable closing date.
8. The winners will be notified by direct message via Instagram of their Entry and will be asked to respond to provide their full name, telephone number (including area/country code), mail and/or email address no later than 18th May 2022 from the ExpediaUK or ExpediaDE Instagram accounts (@expediaUK or @expediade). The winners will be required to submit valid identification and execute and return to Expedia a declaration of eligibility, a liability release, including specific guidance regarding utilization of a Prize, including travel, during the COVID-19 global pandemic and, where lawful, a publicity release before receiving their prize. The Prize, or the Alternate Prize, will be sent by email from Expedia within three (3) days of the winners accepting the prize. If any e-mails or social media messages to the winner are returned as undeliverable or the winner does not respond to the direct message on Instagram within 24 hours we will select another winner. Expedia reserves the right to conduct a further random draw to award their prizes to another participant. Such newly selected winner will be notified in the same manner as above within one (1) business day of the drawing and will be asked to provide the same information as requested above. Only three (3) alternate entrants will be contacted for the Prize. Unclaimed prizes may not be awarded.
9. In the event that, for reasons beyond Expedia’s reasonable control and not related to the winners, Expedia is unable to award the Prize as described in these Terms and Conditions, Expedia reserves the right to award an Alternate Prize as described in Paragraph 6 above, or at its sole discretion, the cash value of the prize.
10. By entering the Prize Draw, participants agree to have their name and photograph featured in publicity materials relating to the Prize Draw without further reference, payment or other compensation (in accordance with local laws). This includes making their name as the winner available on the Website or on Instagram between May 2022 and May 2023. Details of the winner will also be made available to participants and the public on request by sending a direct message to the Expedia Instagram account no later than 30th June 2022.
12. Expedia reserves the right to reasonably modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Prize Draw in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the Prize Draw is not capable of being conducted as specified within these Terms and Conditions or in the event of a virus, a computer bug or unauthorized human intervention or any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of Expedia that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or normal course of the Prize Draw. Neither Expedia nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies are responsible for any condition, circumstances, losses, failures or delays caused by events beyond its or their control such as (but not limited to) the acts or defaults of any supplier selected by Expedia to provide the prize or otherwise that may cause the Prize Draw to be disrupted or corrupted, or that may lead to loss or damage of the prize in transit to the winner.
13. Save where it has been negligent, Expedia will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from participants' entry into the Prize Draw or their acceptance and/or use of the prize, or for technical, hardware or software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit their ability to participate in the Prize Draw. Expedia will not be responsible for any lost, damaged, defaced, incomplete, illegible or otherwise unreadable entries. Proof of posting is not proof of receipt by Expedia of any entries. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall in any way limit Expedia’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other matter where liability may not as a matter of law be limited.
14. Any participant who enters or attempts to enter the Prize Draw in a manner, which in Expedia’s reasonable determination is contrary to these Terms and Conditions or by its nature is unjust to other entrants (including without limitation tampering with the operation of the Prize Draw, cheating, hacking, deception or any other unfair playing practices such as intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Expedia and/or any of its agents or representatives) may be rejected from the Prize Draw at Expedia’s sole discretion. Furthermore, where such actions have significantly impaired the Prize Draw, Expedia may, at its sole discretion, add further stages to the Prize Draw as it deems reasonably necessary in order to resolve any problems arising as a result of such actions.
15. All Expedia’s decisions in relation to the Prize Draw are final and Expedia will not enter into any correspondence with participants.
16. For residents of the UK, these Terms and Conditions are governed by English law. However, if you are resident in any other country you will benefit from mandatory consumer provisions of, and legal rights available to you under the laws of that country. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions affects your rights to rely on those local law mandatory consumer provisions and legal rights. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Prize Draw or these Terms and Conditions. However, if you are resident in any other country you may also bring proceedings in that country.
17. For resident of Germany, these Terms and Conditions are governed by German law. The courts of Germany shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Prize Draw or these Terms and Conditions.
Released Parties shall be fully liable for intent and gross negligence as well as for damages caused by injury to life, body or health. In an event of slight negligence, Released Parties shall be liable only for breaches of a material contractual obligation (cardinal duty). A “cardinal duty” shall be defined as an obligation whose fulfillment makes the implementation of this contract possible and on the fulfillment of which the contracting parties may therefore generally rely. In the event of slight negligence, as outlined above, Released Parties shall not be liable for any lack of commercial success, lost profits and indirect damages. Liability in accordance with the above shall be limited to typical, foreseeable damages. This limitation of liability shall apply mutatis mutandis to the benefit of the employees, agents and vicarious agents of the Released Parties. Any potential liability on the part of the Released Parties for any warranties and for claims based on the German Product Liability Act shall not be affected.
18. For residents of France, these Terms and Conditions are governed by French law. The courts of France shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Prize Draw or these Terms and Conditions.
19. Notwithstanding anything elsewhere in these Official Rules, no person’s or entity’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence shall be limited in any way, and nor shall their ability for fraud or for any other matter where liability may not as a matter of law be limited or excluded. Where these Official Rules provide for discretion exercisable by a Released Party that could otherwise be capable of causing a significant imbalance in the parties’ rights and obligation hereunder, to the detriment of a consumer and contrary to the requirement of good faith, shall be exercised reasonably and in good faith.