Visitors give high marks for the relaxing spas in Westport, which is also known for its golf courses and live music. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its entertainment.
- There are 48 hotels and other accommodation options in Westport
- The closest major airport is in Knock (NOC-Ireland West), 29.7 mi (47.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Westport
The city is notable for landmarks like Westport House, National Famine Memorial and Murrisk Abbey. The city's natural beauty is on display at Croagh Patrick, Clew Bay and Croagh Patrick Visitor Centre. Top activities include golfing and cycling, while Westport Golf Club is one place to visit.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 48 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Westport. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Lurgan House Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its quiet location and room size.
- Hazelbrook B&B - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this B&B. This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking.
- The Wyatt Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and quiet location.
A top sight outside the city is Kylemore Abbey, located 22.4 mi (36 km) from the city centre.
Getting around Westport
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Westport Station. Westport might not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Westport
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and 3°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 19°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 19°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of 3°C
- Westport gets about 918 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 19°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 3°C