Search Hotels in Western Maryland
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Visiting Western Maryland
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Western Maryland, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants and casinos. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its riverfront. Top sights in the city include Rocky Gap State Park, Deep Creek Lake State Park and Deep Creek Lake.
- There are 1621 hotels and other accommodation options in Western Maryland
- The closest major airport is in Martinsburg, WV (MRB-Eastern West Virginia Regional), 12.5 mi (20.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Hagerstown, MD (HGR-Hagerstown Regional), 24.7 mi (39.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Western Maryland
Cultural venues in the city include Maryland Theater, Ice House and For the Kids, By George Children's Museum. Families come for attractions such as Frederick Fairgrounds, Adventure Park USA and Crystal Grottoes Caverns. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Antietam National Battlefield, Downtown Cumberland Historic District, and Western Maryland Railroad Station.
In Martinsburg, you can choose from 1621 hotels and other accommodation choices to make it easy to plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Antietam Overlook Farm - This 3.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Hampton Inn Cumberland - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Sleep Inn & Suites Cumberland-LaVale - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favourite sights in Western Maryland include Rocky Gap State Park, Deep Creek Lake State Park and Deep Creek Lake. Outside the city, popular places to visit include Whitetail Ski Resort, located 17.8 mi (28.7 km) from the city centre, and Harpers Ferry National Historical Park, which is 26.9 mi (43.2 km) away.
Getting around Western Maryland
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Martinsburg Station, Cumberland Station or Frederick Station. Western Maryland may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.