Visitors can enjoy all that Weiz has to offer including its monuments. Mausoleum of Emperor Ferdinand II, Graz Cathedral and Styrian Armoury are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 157 hotels and other accommodation options in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Graz (GRZ-Thalerhof), 17.4 mi (27.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Weiz
A favourite place to visit in the city is Weizberg Church. Additionally, in the area you'll find Mausoleum of Emperor Ferdinand II and Graz Cathedral.
As you start planning your visit to Weiz, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 17 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- Grand Hôtel Wiesler Graz is located 0.8 mi (1.3 km) from the heart of Weiz. This hotel in Weiz features a restaurant.
- Austria Trend Hotel Europa Graz Hauptbahnhof is 13.4 mi (21.6 km) from central Weiz. This 4-star hotel in Graz features a restaurant, free WiFi and a fitness centre. Our customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hotel Weitzer Graz is 13.8 mi (22.3 km) from the centre of Weiz. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Graz can enjoy access to a bar and a 24-hour business centre, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to see around the area include Styrian Armoury, located 13.3 mi (21.4 km) from the heart of the city, and Graz Town Hall, which is 13.3 mi (21.4 km) away.
Dressing for Weiz
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 13°C during the day and -7°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 24°C, whilst the average at night is 2°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 26°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 18°C and night-time averages of -4°C
- About 29 millimetres of rain falls on Weiz each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 25°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -5°C