Get an overview of this hotelLandmark 1 block from Penn Quarter, Verizon Center
Collecting Nectar Points
Simply enter your Nectar card number when you check out. Your points will be credited 35 days after you return from your trip.
*Terms and conditions apply.
Popular property highlights
Penn Quarter palace
This National Historic Landmark hotel, within 1 block of the Verizon Center and Penn Quarter, is across the street from the National Portrait Gallery and the Spy Museum and 4 blocks from the National Mall.
Kimpton Hotel Monaco Washington DC occupies the richly restored Post Office Building, completed in 1842.
Newly Renovated in Spring 2016
A bust of Thomas Jefferson watches over spacious and boldly accented guestrooms at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Washington DC. Rooms have 19-foot ceilings, CD players, cordless phones, and designer bath products. A hosted evening wine hour takes place in the lobby for all guests to enjoy. Guestroom renovations were completed in spring of 2016.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Kimpton Hotel Monaco Washington DC
The Kimpton Hotel Monaco Washington DC is located in Washington, DC's Penn Quarter, across the street from the National Portrait Gallery. A transformed federal building, the hotel is a playful mix of neoclassical architecture and whimsical decor with bold orange accents and modern art pieces throughout its public spaces.
Some machines in the 24-hour fitness center include LCD TVs with earphones. A business center with both Macs and PCs is open 24 hours a day (surcharge). Overnight shoeshines are complimentary, as are morning newspapers. The property is smoke-free.
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- 24-hour front desk
- Business center
- Conference space
- Express check-out
- Meeting rooms 4
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Wired Internet access - surcharge
- Smoke-free property
- Luggage storage
- RV, bus, truck parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Total number of rooms - 183
- 24-hour fitness facilities
- Multilingual staff
- Fireplace in lobby
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Wired high-speed internet ( USD 12.99 per 24-hour period ), Wired high-speed internet ( USD 12.99 per 24-hour period )
Available in some public areas: Wired high-speed internet ( USD 12.99 per 24-hour period ), Wired high-speed internet ( USD 12.99 per 24-hour period )
Valet parking (surcharge), RV, bus, truck parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Room service (24 hours)
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Air conditioning
- Free newspaper
- Daily housekeeping
- Turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Video-game console
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
- Cable TV service
- In-room massage available
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Frette Italian sheets
- LCD TV
Where to Eat
Dirty Habit provides an atmosphere that focuses on social interaction with bar-centric food equally suited for happy hours, sit-down dinners, and late-night bites. This is the perfect spot for a private, urban hideaway. The atrium features remote-controlled glass walls and the patio encompasses an entire city block.
Nearby Things to Do
A 24-hour on-site fitness center has treadmills with LCD TVs and earphones, cardio equipment, and free weights.
A four-story YMCA with a swimming pool is two blocks from the hotel. The Kimpton Hotel Monaco Washington DC is four blocks from the National Mall, with its open space to jog or walk.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near Kimpton Hotel Monaco Washington DC; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Rafting nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Sailing nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 18 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 50.0 per week.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets stay free
- Restrictions apply
- For more information contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Resort fee: USD 24.10 per accommodation, per night
- Internet access
- Phone calls
- Breakfast fee: between USD 10 and USD 20 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 12.99 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 12.99 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 12.99 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wired Internet in public areas: USD 12.99 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 50 per night (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 50.0 per week
- Hotel Monaco
- Monaco Hotel
- Monaco Washington DC
- Monaco Washington DC Hotel
- Washington DC Hotel Monaco
- Washington DC Monaco Hotel
We should mention
Children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation. Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.