Visitors can enjoy all that Viseu has to offer including the cathedral, museums and monuments. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks and rivers.
- There are 27 hotels and other accommodation options in Viseu
- The closest major airport is in Viseu (VSE), 4.6 mi (7.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Vila Real (VRL), 43.9 mi (70.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Viseu
Notable city landmarks like Monastery of Santa Maria de Silgueiros and Viseu Cathedral (Se Viseu) might be worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Viseu City Hall and Jardim das Mães.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 27 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Viseu. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Pousada de Viseu - Historic Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star pousada, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and pool.
- Hotel Palácio dos Melos - Our customers like the central location at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Casa da Sé - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and a bar. Expedia customers like its central location and helpful staff.
Dressing for Viseu
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 17°C during the day and 4°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 24°C, whilst the average at night is 8°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 25°C with night-time averages of 12°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 22°C and night-time averages of 5°C
- Viseu gets about 1257.80 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 24°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 5°C