Search Hotels in Vis
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Pocket Guide: Vis
Visiting VisLuxury-minded travelers will find upscale places to stay in Vis, though all visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants, beaches, and bars. This welcoming, seaside city also attracts visitors with its island views.
- There are 2 Vis hotels
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, while July tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Brac Island (BWK), 29.3 mi (47.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Vis
- Exploring the waterfront is one of the top activities, while Vis Harbor, Zaglav Beach, and Kamenice Beach are favourite sights to visit
- Church of Vis and Hvar Fortress are noteworthy landmarks
- The beach, seaside, and island views provide a picturesque setting, and places to consider visiting are Brgujac Cove, Srebrena Beach, and Stiniva Cove
Getting around Vis
Vis has many options for getting around. You can cross the water in a ferry from the local port.
Staying in VisLooking for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay? You might like Vis Apartments, averaging GBP 77.5 per night. Vis Apartments, a 3-star favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Vis
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 16°C, while nighttime temperatures stay around 5°C
- From April to June, the average is 28°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 16°C at night
- In October–December, you can expect 23°C as the daytime average and 6°C as the nighttime average
- Vis gets about 32 millimetres of rain per year