Visiting Vela Luka
Visitors to Vela Luka are sure to enjoy the port. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its cocktail bars. A top sight in the area is Hvar Fortress.
- There are 92 hotels and other accommodation options in Vela Luka
- The closest major airport is in Brac Island (BWK), 22.7 mi (36.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Split (SPU), 44.1 mi (71 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Vela Luka
Hvar Fortress is a notable place to visit in the region. Additionally, you'll find Dubovica Beach and Lanterna Beach in the area.
Dressing for Vela Luka
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 16°C during the day and 5°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 28°C, whilst the average at night is 9°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 30°C with night-time averages of 16°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 23°C and night-time averages of 6°C
- Average annual rainfall for Vela Luka is 32 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 29°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 6°C