Visitors to Umag are sure to enjoy the seaside. Tourists can also enjoy the city's spas and forests. A top sight in the area is Aquacolors Porec.
- There are 428 hotels and other accommodation options in Umag
- The closest major airport is in Trieste (TRS-Friuli Venezia Giulia), 27.8 mi (44.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Umag
Notable city landmarks like Church of St. Mary and Savudrian Lighthouse might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the the sea and such places to visit as Umag Beach and Katoro Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are ACI Marina Umag and ATP Stella Maris Stadium.
In Piran, you'll find 428 hotels and other accommodation options to make planning easier for your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Kempinski Hotel Adriatic - This 5-star hotel features 2 outdoor pools, a full-service spa and 2 restaurants. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and WiFi.
- Melia Istrian Villas For Plava Laguna - Our customers like the beach locale at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a private beach and 2 restaurants, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Hotel Sol Sipar For Plava Laguna - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and pool.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Aquacolors Porec, located 15.7 mi (25.3 km) from the city centre.
Dressing for Umag
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 14°C during the day and 2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 26°C, whilst the average at night is 7°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 28°C with night-time averages of 15°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 21°C and night-time averages of 4°C
- Umag gets about 34 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 27°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 3°C