Guests will appreciate the skiing, mountains and restaurants in Treffen. Tucked away and welcoming, this city also attracts visitors with its museums.
- There are 5 Treffen hotels
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas November is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Klagenfurt (KLU-Woerthersee), 22.5 mi (36.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Treffen
- Skiing is one of the top activities, whereas Sonnenlift, Kanzel Cable Car, and Villach Alpine Arena are favourite sights to visit
- Well-known for its museums and attractions, such as Elli Riehl Doll World, Treffen Mushroom Museum, and Villach Automotive Museum
- Families come for attractions such as Monkey Mountain Landskron, Kaernten Therme, and Alpen Wildpark
- Landskron Castle and Finkenstein Castle are noteworthy landmarks
- The natural setting of the mountains is picturesque, and places to visit include Lake Faak, Dobratsch, and Rosegg Animal Park
Getting around Treffen
Treffen has plenty of options for transport. If you want to venture outside of the area, take a train from Treffen am Ossiacher See Sattendorf Station.
Staying in Treffen
With 27 hotels and other accommodation options in Treffen, you'll find a holiday retreat at an affordable rate. There are 5 hotels ranging from GBP 90 to GBP 152 per night.
Looking for a boutique hotel or cosy spot? You may enjoy these traveler-recommended, smaller hotels and specialty properties:
- EduCARE Hotel
- Blue Mountain Hotel
EduCARE Hotel, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.6 out of 5 user rating. Also Blue Mountain Hotel has a 4.2 rating by guests.
Dressing for Treffen
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 13°C during the day and -9°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 25°C, while the average at night is 1°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 26°C with night-time averages of 7°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 18°C and nighttime averages of -6°C
- About 999 millimetres of rain falls on Treffen each year