Visitors are sure to enjoy all Trail has to offer including its hiking. Tourists can also enjoy the city's ski areas, mountain views and coffee shops. A top sight in the area is Red Mountain Resort.
- You'll find 132 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Castlegar
- The closest major airport is in Trail, BC (YZZ-Trail Regional), 4.3 mi (6.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Castlegar, BC (YCG), 14.3 mi (23 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Trail
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the hiking trails and such places to visit as Columbia Mountains and Gyro Park. Additionally, you might want to add Trail Memorial Centre to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Trail. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Best Western Plus Columbia River Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and breakfast.
- Ray Lyn Motel - Our customers like the overall value and WiFi at this motel. Amenities at this 2-star motel include free parking and free WiFi.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Red Mountain Resort, located 6.3 mi (10.1 km) from the city centre.
Dressing for Trail
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 15°C and the night-time average to be -4°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 29°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September averages 31°C during the day and 5°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 20°C during the day and -5°C at night
- About 20 millimetres of rain falls on Trail each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 30°C, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of -4°C