Visitors can enjoy all that Thompson has to offer including the sporting events and forests. In Thompson, there are 7 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from. The closest major airport is in Thompson, MB (YTH-Thompson Municipal), 5.7 mi (9.2 km) from the city centre.
Sightseeing and Staying in Thompson
Favourite places to visit in the city include Thompson Zoo, Thompson Golf Club and Heritage North Museum. Additionally, you might want to add Mystery Mountain Winter Park to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Thompson. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Days Inn & Suites by Wyndham Thompson - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and proximity to shopping.
- Best Western Thompson Hotel & Suites - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking.
- Quality Inn & Suites Thompson - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free parking and a fitness centre. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Thompson
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 0°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -30°C
- From April to June, the average is 22°C during the day and -13°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 24°C during the day and 0°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 10°C as the daytime average and -29°C as the night-time average
- Thompson gets about 25 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 22°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -28°C