Visitors are sure to enjoy all that Stevenson has to offer. There are 92 hotels and other accommodation options in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Huntsville, AL (HSV-Huntsville Intl.), 55.3 mi (89 km) from the city centre.
Sightseeing and Staying in Stevenson
A favourite place to visit in the city is Guntersville Lake. In the area, you'll also find Nickajack Lake and Gorham's Bluff.
As you start planning for your getaway to Stevenson, you might not find an accommodation in the city centre, but you can select from 92 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- A 4 Bedroom Lakefront Property! Come Relax, go Fishing, Duck Hunt, Cheap!! is located 8 mi (12.8 km) from the heart of Stevenson. This 3-star hotel in Monteagle features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- The Smokehouse Lodge and Cabins is 25.4 mi (40.9 km) from central Stevenson. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Monteagle can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free Internet. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and pool.
- Quality Inn is 25.7 mi (41.4 km) from the centre of Stevenson. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Monteagle can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and convenient parking.
Dressing for Stevenson
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 20°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -2°C
- From April to June, the average is 31°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 32°C during the day and 12°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 26°C as the daytime average and -1°C as the night-time average
- Stevenson gets about 1445 millimetres of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 31°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -1°C