Visiting St. John's
History buffs will enjoy exploring St. John's, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, shopping and bustling port. Welcoming and walkable, this city attracts tourists with its live music and entertainment.
- There are 136 hotels and other accommodation options in St. John's
- The closest major airport is in St. John's, NL (YYT-St. John's Intl.), 3.9 mi (6.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in St. John's
Well known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include Mile One Centre, The Rooms and Masonic Temple. Attractions like Aquarena Fitness Centre and Suncor Energy Fluvarium are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like St John's Courthouse, Fort Amherst Lighthouse, and Fort Amherst.
In Conception Bay South, you can choose from 136 hotels and other accommodation choices to make planning your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Blue Haven - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and central location.
- The Luxus Boutique Hotel - Our customers like the room size and walkable location at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star hotel in Downtown St. John's can enjoy access to free breakfast and a fitness centre, along with free WiFi.
- Jag Boutique Hotel - This 4.5-star hotel in Downtown St. John's features a restaurant, free WiFi and a 24-hour fitness centre. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for St. John's
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 3°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -9°C
- From April to June, the average is 18°C during the day and -4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 20°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 13°C as the daytime average and -6°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for St. John's is 36 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 19°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -8°C