Visiting St. James
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy a visit to St. James, though all visitors are sure to appreciate the island views, restaurants, and beaches. Visitors who journey to this welcoming city can discover its sporting events, shopping, and bars.
- Though not directly in St. James, you'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- Closest major airport is in Islip, NY (ISP-MacArthur), 8.1 mi (13 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around St. James
- Well-known for its live music scene and attractions such as Long Island Museum of American Art, History, and Carriages, Theatre Three, and Mather House Museum
- Popular family attractions include Sky Zone and Bay Shore Mini Golf
- The island views and beach highlight the natural beauty, and Avalon Park and Preserve, Caleb Smith State Park, and West Meadow Beach Historic District are some places worth a visit
St. James is adjacent to Stony Brook. Top sights in the area include Stony Brook University and Sunken Meadow State Park.
Getting around St. James
With so many transportation options, seeing St. James is a breeze. If you want to venture outside of the area, take a train from St. James Station. You can explore your options for water transportation at the port.
Dressing for St. James
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the nighttime average to be -5°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 27°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July through September averages 28°C during the day and 11°C at night
- In October–December, the average temperature is 20°C during the day and -4°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for St. James is 1173 millimetres