Visitors can enjoy all that Slavonia has to offer including the rivers, archaeological sites and parks. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its countryside setting.
- There are 35 hotels and other accommodation options in Slavonia
- The closest major airport is in Osijek (OSI), 35.3 mi (56.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Banja Luka (BNX-Banja Luka Intl.), 47.7 mi (76.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Slavonia
Cultural venues in the city include Pejacevic Castle, Packrac Town Museum and Archaeological Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Osijek Citadel, Dvorac Eugena Savojskog u Bilju and Dakovo Cathedral. The city's natural beauty is on display at Kopacki Rit Nature Park, Park Prirode Papuk and Lake Raminac.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 35 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in Slavonia. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Osijek - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, free breakfast and a restaurant. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Pansion Garten - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
Getting around Slavonia
If you want to venture outside the area, hop on a train at Osijek Station. Slavonia may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Slavonia
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 15°C during the day and -4°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 28°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 29°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 20°C and night-time averages of -3°C
- Average annual rainfall for Slavonia is 777 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 27°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging -3°C