History buffs enjoy visiting Sighisoara though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's churches, monuments and festivals.
- There are 19 hotels and other accommodation options in Sighisoara
- The closest major airport is in Targu Mures (TGM-Transylvania Targu-Mures), 24.5 mi (39.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Sighisoara
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Clock Tower and Sighisoara Citadel. Additionally, you might want to add History Museum to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 19 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Sighisoara. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Taschler Haus Boutique - With a stay at this 3-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to a winery and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and central location.
- CASA SAVRI - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this guesthouse. With a stay at this 4-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a bar, along with free WiFi.
- Mercure Sighisoara Binderbubi - Hotel & Spa - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and central location.
Getting around Sighisoara
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Sighisoara Station. Sighisoara might not have as many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Sighisoara
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 13°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -7°C
- From April to June, the average is 25°C during the day and 2°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 27°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 19°C as the daytime average and -4°C as the night-time average
- Sighisoara gets about 641 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 26°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -5°C