History buffs enjoy visiting Sibiu though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums, monuments and mountain views.
- There are 74 hotels and other accommodation options in Sibiu
- The closest major airport is in Sibiu (SBZ), 2.3 mi (3.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Sibiu
Cultural venues in the city include Brukenthal National Museum, History Museum and Radu Stanca National Theater. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Liar's Bridge, Holy Trinity Cathedral, and Council Tower. University life is a highlight in the city and campuses to tour include Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu and Sibiu Tennis Academy.
In Şelimbăr, there are 74 hotels and other accommodation choices to make planning your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Republique - Guests who stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast in Center can enjoy access to free parking and a terrace, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its convenient parking and central location.
- Noblesse Boutique Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Historic Center can enjoy access to a 24-hour fitness centre and a bar, along with free Internet.
- Best Western Silva Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with cable TV. Expedia customers like its central location and comfortable rooms.
Getting around Sibiu
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Sibiu Station. Sibiu might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Sibiu
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 13°C during the day and -7°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 24°C, whilst the average at night is 2°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 26°C with night-time averages of 6°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 19°C and night-time averages of -5°C
- About 831.70 millimetres of rain falls on Sibiu each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 25°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -5°C