Visitors can enjoy all that Shillong has to offer including the lakeside setting, cathedral and waterfalls. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses and zoo.
- There are 81 hotels and other accommodation options in Shillong
- The closest major airport is in Shillong (SHL), 24.6 mi (39.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Sylhet (ZYL-Osmani Intl.), 29.8 mi (48 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Shillong
Notable city landmarks like Seven Sisters Falls and Kshaid Nohsngithiang Eco Park might be worth a visit. The city's natural beauty is on display at Elephant Falls, Mawsmai Cave and Wards Lake. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium and Golf Links Shillong.
As you plan for your holiday to Shillong, you might not find an accommodation in the heart of the city, but you can select from 82 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- Treebo Trip Omega's Stay Inn is located 10.3 mi (16.6 km) from the heart of Shillong. This 3-star hotel in Shillong features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- POLO ORCHID RESORT CHERRAPUNJEE is 11.3 mi (18.2 km) from central Shillong. Guests who stay at this 3-star resort in Shillong can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- OYO 16017 Hotel Alpine Continental is 14.2 mi (22.9 km) from the centre of Shillong. This 3-star hotel in Shillong features free breakfast, free WiFi and laundry facilities.
Dressing for Shillong
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 11°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 32°C, whilst the average at night is 18°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 32°C with night-time averages of 24°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 31°C and night-time averages of 11°C
- Average annual rainfall for Shillong is 1637.20 millimetres
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 32°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 12°C