Search Hotels in Roskilde
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
History buffs will enjoy exploring Roskilde, and all visitors are sure to appreciate the museums and a cathedral. Tourists can also enjoy the city's art, festivals and live music. Around the area, top sights include City2 Shopping Center, Tivoli Gardens and City Hall Square.
- There are 4 hotels and other accommodation options in Roskilde
- The closest major airport is in Copenhagen (CPH-Kastrup), 22.1 mi (35.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Roskilde
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Viking Ship Museum, Roskilde Museum and Museum of Contemporary Art. Its historic sites and cathedrals are notable and landmarks include Roskilde Cathedral and St Laurentii Church. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Skjoldungernes Land National Park and YouFly.
Here's a top-rated accommodation option based on our user reviews:
- Zleep Hotel Roskilde - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
Outside the city, top places to visit include City2 Shopping Center, located 7.8 mi (12.6 km) from the heart of the city, and Tivoli Gardens, which is 19 mi (30.6 km) away.
Getting around Roskilde
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Roskilde Station or Roskilde Trekroner Station. Roskilde might not have as many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Roskilde
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 8°C and the night-time average to be -3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 20°C during the day and 1°C at night
- July to September averages 23°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 14°C during the day and -3°C at night
- About 602.10 millimetres of rain falls on Roskilde each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 22°C, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of -2°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Roskilde?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Roskilde, will I receive a refund?
What's the best hotel for a family trip to Roskilde?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Roskilde?
What's the best hotel for a golf holiday in Roskilde?
What's the best hotel in Roskilde to be near historical sites?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Roskilde?
Roskilde Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Roskilde by Star Rating
- Hotels near Roskilde Airports
- Accommodation near Roskilde Attractions
- More accommodation types in Roskilde
- Choose Your Roskilde Hotel Style
- Search Roskilde Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Roskilde
- Hotels Near Roskilde, Sjaelland
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends