Visitors can enjoy all that Portsmouth has to offer including the beaches and university setting. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its secluded setting.
- There are 18 hotels and other accommodation options in Portsmouth
- The closest major airport is in Marigot (DOM-Melville Hall), 10 mi (16.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Roseau (DCF-Canefield), 14.5 mi (23.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Portsmouth
The city's natural beauty is on display at Leeward Islands, Coconut Beach and Indian River. In the area, you'll also find Cabrits National Park and Mero Beach.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 18 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Portsmouth. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Champs - Guests who stay at this 3-star guesthouse in Picard can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia travellers love its beach locale and pool.
- Portsmouth Beach Hotel - This 3-star hotel in Picard features free WiFi, free parking and concierge services.
Dressing for Portsmouth
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 21°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 31°C, whilst the average at night is 22°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 32°C with night-time averages of 24°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 31°C and night-time averages of 21°C
- About 37 millimetres of rain falls on Portsmouth each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 32°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 21°C