Visitors will appreciate the restaurants, shopping, and bars in Port-au-Prince. Welcoming and culturally rich, this city will also delight visitors with its dancing, cafés, and live music.
- There are 20 Port-au-Prince hotels
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, while April tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Port-au-Prince (PAP-Toussaint Louverture Intl.), 2.4 mi (3.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Port-au-Prince
- Live music and art are well-known in the area, and attractions include National Pantheon Museum, Museum of Haitian Art, and Marassa Gallery
- Notable landmarks include Port-au-Prince Cathedral, Iron Market, and National Palace
Getting around Port-au-Prince
Port-au-Prince has many options for getting around. You can travel down to the port to find out about water transportation.
Staying in Port-au-Prince
When looking for a holiday accommodation at an affordable price, consider that Port-au-Prince has 20 hotels and other accommodation types to choose from. There are 16 hotels ranging from GBP 26 to GBP 121 per night. For family trips or any other travel plans, you might consider a larger hotel like the highly rated Marriott Port-au-Prince Hotel, averaging GBP 151.65 per night. Looking for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay? You might like these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties:
- Hotel Oloffson, averaging GBP 97.04/night
- Le Plaza Hotel, averaging GBP 93.1/night
Marriott Port-au-Prince Hotel, a 4-star favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.6 out of 5 user rating. Also highly rated by guests are Hotel Oloffson and Le Plaza Hotel.
Dressing for Port-au-Prince
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 32°C and the nighttime average to be 20°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 34°C during the day and 21°C at night
- July through September averages 35°C during the day and 23°C at night
- In October–December, the average temperature is 33°C during the day and 20°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Port-au-Prince is 1215 millimetres