Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Port-au-Prince, which is also known for its live music and port. This city also attracts tourists with its mountain views, art and bars.
- There are 113 hotels and other accommodation options in Port-au-Prince
- The closest major airport is in Port-au-Prince (PAP-Toussaint Louverture Intl.), 2.2 mi (3.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Port-au-Prince
The city is well known for its live music and art, and cultural venues include National Pantheon Museum, Museum of Haitian Art and Jane Barbancourt Castle. The city is notable for landmarks like Champs de Mars Square, National Palace and Port-au-Prince Cathedral. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the mountains and these places to visit: La Visite National Park, Raymond Les Bains and Bassins Bleu.
In Pétionville, there are 113 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily organise your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Bel Fle Missions Hotel - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its quiet location and helpful staff.
- B & B COMFY INN - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- Karibe Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Port-au-Prince
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 32°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 20°C
- From April to June, the average is 34°C during the day and 21°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 35°C during the day and 23°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 33°C as the daytime average and 20°C as the night-time average
- About 1214.70 millimetres of rain falls on Port-au-Prince each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 34°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 20°C