Search Hotels in Pietermaritzburg
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Visitors can enjoy all that Pietermaritzburg has to offer including the casinos, gardens and cocktail bars. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its coffee shops.
- There are 36 hotels and other accommodation options in Pietermaritzburg
- The closest major airport is in Pietermaritzburg (PZB), 1.9 mi (3.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Durban (DUR-King Shaka Intl.), 44.5 mi (71.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Pietermaritzburg
Cultural venues in the city include The Old Prison, Macrorie House Museum and Comrades Marathon House. The city's natural beauty is on display at Butterflies for Africa, National Botanical Gardens and Queen Elizabeth Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Pietermaritzburg City Hall and Golden Horse Casino.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 36 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Pietermaritzburg. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Tancredi B&B - Guests who stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast in Scottsville can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
- Road Lodge Pietermaritzburg - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this hotel. This 1-star hotel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi and free parking.
Dressing for Pietermaritzburg
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 27°C during the day and 19°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 26°C, whilst the average at night is 11°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 23°C with night-time averages of 10°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 26°C and night-time averages of 15°C
- About 28 millimetres of rain falls on Pietermaritzburg each year
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 27°C, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 11°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Pietermaritzburg?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Pietermaritzburg, will I receive a refund?
What's the best hotel when travelling with children to Pietermaritzburg?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Pietermaritzburg?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in Pietermaritzburg?
What's the best luxury hotel in Pietermaritzburg?
What's the best accommodation option if you want to visit the local casinos in Pietermaritzburg?
Pietermaritzburg Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Pietermaritzburg by Star Rating
- Hotels near Pietermaritzburg Airports
- Areas of Pietermaritzburg
- Accommodation near Pietermaritzburg Attractions
- More accommodation types in Pietermaritzburg
- Choose Your Pietermaritzburg Hotel Style
- Search Pietermaritzburg Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Pietermaritzburg
- Hotels Near Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends