Visitors can enjoy all that Patiala has to offer including the monuments, university setting and temples. Tourists can also enjoy the city's gardens and sporting events.
- There are 19 hotels and other accommodation options in Patiala
- The closest major airport is in Chandigarh (IXC), 36.3 mi (58.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Patiala
Cultural venues in the city include Sheesh Mahal, Patiala Sports Museum and Darbar Hall. The city is notable for landmarks like Qila Mubarak, Jalau Khana and Sard Khana and Gurdwara shri Dukh Nivaran Sahib. University life is a highlight in the city and campuses to tour include Thapar University and National Institute of Sports.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 19 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Patiala. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- OYO 5389 Hotel Polo Club is located 4.3 mi (7 km) from the city centre. This 3-star hotel in Patiala features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- Eqbal Inn is 4.7 mi (7.6 km) from the city's heart. This 4-star hotel in Patiala features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
Dressing for Patiala
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 31°C and the night-time average to be 7°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 39°C during the day and 16°C at night
- July to September averages 36°C during the day and 21°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 32°C during the day and 7°C at night
- About 857.50 millimetres of rain falls on Patiala each year
- Hottest months are usually June and May with an average temperature of 38°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 8°C