A mix of the outstanding and the mediocre
I will start with the not-so-good and end with the good.
1. The free internet is very slow and requires frequent log-in to stay online. Faster internet is available for €12 a day but I didn’t try it.
2. We received complementary drinking water on the first day only.
3. The sea view rooms have no privacy. The courtyard style provides sea view to many rooms. A third of our view was that of other rooms, two thirds was sea. Our balcony was exactly next to one in other room that was facing the other side.
1. The facilities were truly first class. Many restaurants, a small private beach, large pools, scenic grounds.
2. The spa was wonderful.
3. The breakfast buffet was very good.
4. The staff were very helpful and friendly. They went out of their to replace our family suite upon check-in, but while the new room was slightly better in terms of privacy, it left a lot to be desired.
I can see why this hotel was rated so highly, but the lack of privacy on balconies will make me think twice about staying there again.