Visiting North Melbourne
Families will find kid-friendly activities in North Melbourne, and visitors give high marks for the shopping. Welcoming and walkable, this city attracts tourists with its restaurants and zoo. Around the area, top sights include Queen Victoria Market, Melbourne Zoo and Marvel Stadium.
- You'll find 2684 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Melbourne
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon), 5.6 mi (8.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine), 10.3 mi (16.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in North Melbourne
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Queen Victoria Market is a favourite for retail therapy. Additionally, in the area you'll find Melbourne Zoo and Marvel Stadium.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 43 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in North Melbourne. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- Melbourne Metro YHA - Hostel is located in central North Melbourne. This 3-star hostel in Northern Suburbs features parking, laundry facilities and a 24-hour front desk. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Mercure North Melbourne is located in the heart of North Melbourne. This 3.5-star hotel in Northern Suburbs features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Arden Motel North Melbourne Pty Ltd is located within 0.6 mi (1 km) of the city centre. Guests who stay at this 3-star motel in Northern Suburbs can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Melbourne Central, 1.3 mi/2.1 km from the city centre, and Bourke Street Mall, which is 1.5 mi (2.4 km) away.
Getting around North Melbourne
Nearby metro stations include Macaulay Station and Flemington Bridge Station. If you'd like to explore around the area, you may want to rent a car for your trip.
Dressing for North Melbourne
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 27°C and the night-time average to be 10°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 20°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September averages 18°C during the day and 5°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 24°C during the day and 7°C at night
- About 12 millimetres of rain falls on North Melbourne each year
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 25°C, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 5°C