Overview of Unique 19th century historic, 2 bedroom apartment.
- Pet Friendly
- Outdoor Space
Explore the area
Choose dates to view prices
About this area
- Crown Studio Gallery - 4 min walk
- Cragside Country Park - 7 min walk
- Cragside - 4 min drive
- Edlingham Castle - 16 min drive
- Brinkburn Priory - 18 min drive
- Morpeth Station - 24 min drive
- Newcastle (NCL-Newcastle Intl.) - 45 min drive
- Harley's Tea Room - 4 min walk
- Rothbury Bakery - 4 min walk
- Tully's of Rothbury - 4 min walk
- Tomlinsons Cafe and Bunkhouse - 4 min walk
- The Vale Cafe - 5 min walk
About this property
Unique 19th century historic, 2 bedroom apartment.
You will have this first floor apartment to yourselves accessed via the original stone steps to the rear. The living space is open plan featuring an AGA in the kitchen area and a double stove in the inglenook stone fireplace.
Enjoy the digital detox as this space doesn't have wifi. Alternatively, there are a range of books, games and a TV with a selection of DVD's. Don't despair, as there is a 4G signal for the weak-willed!
A double and a twin bedroom accommodate 4 guests comfortably.
The bathroom has a walk in shower, a slipper bath and for your comfort, under floor heating.
On road parking is available to the rear.
Outside, a short walk from the back gate, there is an enclosed private small garden space where you can sit and have a morning coffee or evening glass of wine amongst the fruit trees.
The terrace of houses were built in 1873. Lord Armstrong commissioned Richard Norman Shaw, the architect of nearby National Trust Cragside House to design and build this row of houses to give retirement homes to the staff of his estate. Designed in a distinctive Domestic Revival style, you can see why visitors come to admire them.
- Electric kettle
- Paper towels
- 2 bedrooms
- Bed sheets provided
- 1 bathroom
- Toilet paper
- Towels provided
- Dining room
- Wood stove
- DVD player
- Outdoor furniture
- Washing machine and dryer
- Smoke-free property
Services and conveniences
- Iron/ironing board
- Near the ocean
- Near the sea
- On the river
- In a village
Things to do
- Hiking nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Golf nearby
- Cycling nearby
- Sleeps 4
- Property does not allow children