Visitors can enjoy all that Middelfart has to offer including the festivals, forests and waterfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's jazz scene, its breweries and sightseeing tours.
- There are 21 hotels and other accommodation options in Middelfart
- The closest major airport is in Billund (BLL), 28.4 mi (45.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Sonderborg (SGD), 37.5 mi (60.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Middelfart
The city's natural beauty is on display at Naturparken Hindsgavl Dyrehave, Båring Vig and Varbjerg Strand. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Bridge Walking Lillebaelt and Kulturoen.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 21 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Middelfart. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Sixtus Sinatur Hotel og Konference - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Comwell Kongebrogaarden - Our customers like the overall value and convenient parking at this hotel. This 5-star hotel features a marina, free breakfast and a restaurant.
- By The Bridge Bed & Breakfast - This 2.5-star bed & breakfast features free WiFi, free parking and a terrace. Expedia customers love its beach locale and spacious, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to see in the area include Brandts Klaedefabrik, located 26.3 mi (42.4 km) from the city centre, and Odense Zoo, which is 26.4 mi (42.4 km) away.
Getting around Middelfart
If you want to journey outside the area, hop aboard a train from Middelfart Station, Middelfart Kauslunde Station or Nørre Aby Station. Middelfart might not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Middelfart
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 8°C during the day and -2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is 1°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 20°C with night-time averages of 7°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 14°C and night-time averages of -1°C
- Average annual rainfall for Middelfart is 35 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 19°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging -1°C