Visiting Liptovsky Mikulas
Visitors to Liptovsky Mikulas are sure to enjoy the mountain views. Tourists can also enjoy the city's hockey games, ski areas and rivers. A top sight in the area is Tatra National Park Poland.
- There are 24 hotels and other accommodation options in Liptovsky Mikulas
- The closest major airport is in Poprad (TAT-Poprad - Tatry), 28.5 mi (45.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Zilina (ILZ), 46.5 mi (74.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Liptovsky Mikulas
The city's cultural venues include Museum of Nature Protection and Speleology and Galeria P.M. Bohuna. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Namestie Osloboditelov and Hurricane Factory Tatralandia.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 24 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Liptovsky Mikulas. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Europa - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Penzión Mária - With a stay at this 3-star pension, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Village Tatralandia - This 2-star hotel features 14 outdoor pools, a restaurant and free WiFi.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Tatra National Park Poland, located 17.3 mi (27.8 km) from the heart of the city, and Krupowki Street, which is 21.1 mi/33.9 km away.
Getting around Liptovsky Mikulas
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Liptovsky Mikulas Station. Liptovsky Mikulas might not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Liptovsky Mikulas
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 9°C during the day and -10°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 21°C, whilst the average at night is -3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 23°C with night-time averages of 2°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 15°C and night-time averages of -7°C
- About 619 millimetres of rain falls on Liptovsky Mikulas each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 22°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -8°C