Visiting La Ciotat
Visitors to La Ciotat are sure to enjoy the port. Tourists can also enjoy the city's gardens and churches. Top sights around the area include Calanques National Park, Notre-Dame de la Garde and Old Port of Marseille.
- You'll find 1289 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Marseille
- The closest major airport is in Marseille (MRS-Marseille - Provence), 26.6 mi (42.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Toulon (TLN-Toulon - Hyeres), 28.2 mi (45.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in La Ciotat
The city's natural beauty is on display at La Ciotat Beach, Parc du Mugel and Figuerolles Calanque. Exploring the port is a top activity, and La Ciotat Harbour is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Plage Capucins and La Grande Plage.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Calanques National Park, located 10.5 mi (16.9 km) from the heart of the city, and Notre-Dame de la Garde, which is 14.1 mi (22.6 km) away.
Getting around La Ciotat
To see more of the larger area, hop on a train at La Ciotat Station. La Ciotat may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for La Ciotat
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 14°C and the night-time average to be 3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 23°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 28°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 26°C during the day and 4°C at night
- La Ciotat gets about 580.90 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and September with an average temperature of 27°C, while the coldest months are February and March with an average of 3°C