Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Kuantan, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the seafood restaurants, riverfront and water parks. This cosy city also attracts tourists with its zoo. Top sights in the city include Gambang Water Park, Cherating Beach and Taman Negara National Park.
- There are 205 hotels and other accommodation options in Kuantan
- The closest major airport is in Kuantan (KUA-Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah), 8.8 mi (14.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Kerteh (KTE), 50.7 mi (81.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kuantan
The city's cultural venues include Heroes Museum and Sungai Lembing Museum. Families come for the water parks and zoo, specifically attractions such as Gambang Water Park, Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary and Taman Teruntum Mini Zoo. The city is notable for landmarks like Sultan Ahmad Mosque, Wan Fo Tien Temple and Kuan Ti Kong Chinese Temple.
In Gebeng, you can choose from 205 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily organise your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Mangala Resort & Spa - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant and an outdoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Kasturi - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Royale Chulan Cherating Villa - This 4.5-star hotel features 2 outdoor pools, 3 restaurants and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Other favourite sights in Kuantan include Cherating Beach, Taman Negara National Park and Endau-Rompin National Park.
Dressing for Kuantan
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 33°C and the night-time average to be 23°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 33°C during the day and 24°C at night
- July to September averages 33°C during the day and 24°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 33°C during the day and 24°C at night
- Kuantan gets about 60 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually April and August with an average temperature of 33°C, while the coldest months are February and March with an average of 24°C