Visitors can enjoy all that Kawthaung has to offer including the hot springs and casinos. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its small-town vibe.
- There are 5 hotels and other accommodation options in Kawthaung
- The closest major airport is in Kawthaung (KAW), 25.2 mi (40.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Ranong (UNN), 44.2 mi (71.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Kawthaung
As you plan your visit to Kawthaung, you may not be able to find accommodation in the city centre, but you can choose from 5 hotels and other lodging types in the region. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- Victoria Cliff Hotel & Resort is located 28.2 mi (45.4 km) from the heart of Kawthaung. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Kawthaung can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its pool and helpful staff.
- Awei Pila Mergui Archipelago is 41.7 mi (67.1 km) from central Kawthaung. This 3.5-star resort in Kawthaung features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi.
- Boulder Bay Eco Resort is 49.8 mi (80.1 km) from the centre of Kawthaung. This 3-star guesthouse in Kawthaung features free breakfast, a free airport shuttle and a terrace.
Dressing for Kawthaung
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 34°C during the day and 22°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 34°C, whilst the average at night is 24°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 31°C with night-time averages of 24°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 31°C and night-time averages of 23°C
- About 74 millimetres of rain falls on Kawthaung each year
- Usually March and February are the hottest months with an average of 34°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 22°C