Visitors can enjoy all that Kanpur has to offer including the temples, theme park and zoo. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, university setting and water parks.
- There are 65 hotels and other accommodation options in Kanpur
- The closest major airport is in Kanpur (KNU-Chakeri), 5.7 mi (9.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Kanpur
Attractions like Kanpur Memorial Church, ISKCON Kanpur, Sri Sri Radha Madhav Temple and Valmiki Ashram Temple are fun for kids of all ages. The city's natural beauty is on display at Moti Jheel, Nana Rao Park and Phool Bagh. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are JK Temple and Green Park International Stadium.
As you plan your holiday to Kanpur, the perfect accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 65 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the region:
- Hotel Royal Cliff is located 6.8 mi (11 km) from the heart of Kanpur. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Kanpur can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Regenta Central The Crystal is 6.5 mi (10.4 km) from central Kanpur. This 4-star hotel in Kanpur features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. Our customers like its helpful staff.
- FabHotel Solitaire Inn is 6.9 mi (11.2 km) from the centre of Kanpur. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Kanpur can enjoy access to a conference centre and laundry facilities, along with an in-room fireplace.
Getting around Kanpur
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Kanpur Central Station. Kanpur might not have as many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Kanpur
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 35°C and the night-time average to be 7°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 41°C during the day and 18°C at night
- July to September averages 36°C during the day and 22°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 33°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Kanpur gets about 995.90 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually May and June with an average temperature of 39°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 8°C