Visitors to Jurmala are sure to enjoy the spas and beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks, theme park and monuments. Top sights around the area include Jurmala Beach, National Library of Latvia and Riga Castle.
- You'll find 274 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Riga
- The closest major airport is in Riga (RIX-Riga Intl.), 7.1 mi (11.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Jurmala
Cultural venues in the city include Jurmala City Museum, Art Studio 'Inner Light' and Dzintari Concert Hall. Attractions like Livu Aqua Park and Livu Akvaparks are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Jurmala Beach and Dzintari Forest Park.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 29 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Jurmala. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Villa Joma Hotel - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- Amber Spa Boutique Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- KURSHI Hotel & SPA - This 3.5-star hotel features a full-service spa, free breakfast and a restaurant. Expedia customers like its beach locale and helpful staff.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include National Library of Latvia, located 11.2 mi (18 km) from the heart of the city, and Riga Castle, which is 11.2 mi (18.1 km) away.
Dressing for Jurmala
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 8°C and the night-time average to be -9°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 23°C during the day and -1°C at night
- July to September averages 24°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and -7°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Jurmala is 22 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 23°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -8°C