Visitors to Jounieh are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafes, live music and shopping. Around the area, top sights include Hamra Street, Beirut Municipal Stadium and Camille Chamoun Sports City Stadium.
- You'll find 303 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Beirut
- The closest major airport is in Beirut (BEY-Rafic Hariri Intl.), 13.8 mi (22.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Jounieh
The university setting is a highlight of the city and Holy Spirit University of Kaslik is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Fouad Chehab Stadium and Our Lady of Lebanon Cable Car.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 44 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Jounieh. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Rooms Boutique Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Reston Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi.
- Princessa Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its bar and breakfast.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Hamra Street, located 10.8 mi (17.4 km) from the heart of the city, and Beirut Municipal Stadium, which is 11.1 mi/17.9 km away.
Dressing for Jounieh
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 21°C and the night-time average to be 11°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 29°C during the day and 13°C at night
- July to September averages 32°C during the day and 22°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 29°C during the day and 12°C at night
- About 890 millimetres of rain falls on Jounieh each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 31°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 11°C