Visitors to Iquitos are sure to enjoy the local tours and riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's rainforests and cafes.
- There are 119 hotels and other accommodation options in Iquitos
- The closest major airport is in Iquitos (IQT-Coronel FAP Francisco Secada Vignetta Intl.), 4.2 mi (6.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Iquitos
The city's cultural venues include Museum of Indigenous Amazonian Cultures and Ethnographic Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Plaza 28 de Julio, Iquitos Cathedral and Plaza de Armas. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the rivers and these places to visit: Pacaya-Samiria National Reserve, El Encanto de Laguna Waterpark and Sapi Sapi Lake.
In Indiana, there are 119 hotels and other accommodation options to make it easy to plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- DoubleTree by Hilton Iquitos - This 4.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Casa Morey Hotel - Our customers like the pool and helpful staff at this B&B. This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, a restaurant and an outdoor pool.
- La Casa Fitzcarraldo - This 3-star hotel in Punchana features free breakfast, a restaurant and an outdoor pool.
Dressing for Iquitos
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 31°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 23°C
- From April to June, the average is 31°C during the day and 22°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 22°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 31°C as the daytime average and 22°C as the night-time average
- Iquitos gets about 39 millimetres of rain per year
- November and December are usually the hottest months averaging 31°C, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 22°C