Beautiful location, right at the Kerlingarfjoll mountains. That being said, there's a lot of things that can be improved:
- our room had nog been cleaned thoroughly (food crumbs on the floor, in the corner. I am really not a nitpicker, it was very obvious). The rest of the room seemed clean though, but you don't feel confident about this if you notice other things were not cleaned thoroughly.
- service at the front desk is terrible: e.g. we asked about a hike that was indicated on their website, and they had no idea what we were talking about.
- there is no wifi available. I get that it's a remote area, but offer a paid service then. I mean, there's a giant Siminn 3G antenna at the hill right behind the resort, it's not like it's impossible.
- the breakfast area is way too small for the number of rooms/camping spots
- some staff members really try their best and work hard, but others don't, which makes it really harsh for those who do try, as they get to work double shifts.
In all, everything is very sloppy and needs improvement. There is a lot of potential here, unlock this potential and make sure you provide people real value for money!