Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Homer, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the seaside. Tourists can also enjoy the city's seafood restaurants and museums.
- There are 153 hotels and other accommodation options in Homer
- The closest major airport is in Homer, AK (HOM), 1.8 mi (2.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Homer
Cultural venues in the city include Alaska Islands and Ocean Visitor Center, Pratt Museum and Ptarmigan Arts. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the the sea and these places to visit: Homer Spit, Kachemak Bay State Park and Wynn Nature Center. Top activities include fishing and wildlife, while Homer Harbor and Calvin & Coyle Nature Trail Trailhead are sights to visit.
In Fritz Creek, you can choose from 153 hotels and other accommodation choices to make planning your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Good Karma Inn - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Juneberry Lodge - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 2.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Pioneer Inn Downtown - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a 24-hour front desk, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Homer
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 4°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -7°C
- From April to June, the average is 16°C during the day and -3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 17°C during the day and 3°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 10°C as the daytime average and -7°C as the night-time average
- Homer gets about 617 millimetres of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 16°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -7°C