Visitors to Harare are sure to enjoy the gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's festivals, cafes and museums. A top sight in the city is National Sports Stadium.
- There are 145 hotels and other accommodation options in Harare
- The closest major airport is in Harare (HRE-Harare Intl.), 4.9 mi (7.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Harare
Cultural venues in the city include National Museum, Queen Victoria Museum and National Art Gallery. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and such places to visit as Harare Gardens and National Botanic Gardens. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are National Sports Stadium and African Unity Square.
In Harare East, you can choose from 145 hotels and other accommodation options to make planning your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Armadale Lodge - With a stay at this 4-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff.
- Sunbird Guest House - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this B&B. Guests who stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast in Greendale can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Bronte Hotel - This 4-star hotel features 2 outdoor pools, 2 restaurants and free breakfast. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Dressing for Harare
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 27°C and the night-time average to be 14°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 26°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September averages 28°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 28°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Harare is 746.80 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually October and November with an average temperature of 28°C, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 8°C