Visitors can enjoy all that Grenaa has to offer including the golf courses, beaches and monuments. Tourists can also enjoy the city's aquarium, entertainment choices and museums. A top sight in the area is Djurs Sommerland.
- There are 35 hotels and other accommodation options in Grenaa
- The closest major airport is in Aarhus (AAR), 12 mi (19.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Grenaa
Favourite places to visit in the city include Kattegatcentret, Baunhoj Molle Grenaa and Museum Ostjylland. Additionally, you might want to add Nordstranden Beach to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 35 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in Grenaa. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Gjerrild Kro - This 3-star inn features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia travellers love its dining options and beach locale.
- Kystvejens Hotel og Konferencecenter - Our customers like the dining options and helpful staff at this hotel. This 3-star hotel in Grenå Strand features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- Hotel Grenaa - Havlund - Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Grenå Strand can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Djurs Sommerland, located 11.4 mi (18.3 km) from the heart of the city.
Getting around Grenaa
With so many choices for transport, exploring all of Grenaa is easy. Make your way to Grenaa Trafikterminal Station for metro transport. If you want to venture outside the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Grenaa Station.
Dressing for Grenaa
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 7°C during the day and -1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 19°C, whilst the average at night is 1°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 20°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 13°C and night-time averages of 1°C
- Average annual rainfall for Grenaa is 892.30 millimetres
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 19°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 0°C