Visiting Gili Air
Luxury-minded travelers will find upscale places to stay in Gili Air, though all visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants, beaches, and island views. Welcoming and relaxing, this seaside city also attracts visitors with its bars, sunsets, and biking.
- There are 23 Gili Air hotels
- July is the most expensive month to travel here, while November tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Lombok (LOP-Lombok Intl.), 30.9 mi (49.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Gili Air
- Biking, exploring the waterfront, and snorkelling are top activities, while sights to visit include Gili Air Docks, Gili Meno Harbor, and Gili Trawangan Harbor
- The beach, island views, and sunsets provide a picturesque setting, and places to consider visiting are Gili Turtle Sanctuary, Gili Meno Bird Park, and Meno Wall Dive Site
Gili Air is adjacent to Gili Meno. One of the top sights in the area is Bangsal Harbor.
Getting around Gili Air
There are many transportation options in Gili Air. You can travel down to the marina to find out about water transportation.
Staying in Gili Air
With 23 hotels and other accommodation types to choose from, Gili Air offers holiday retreats at affordable prices. There are 19 hotels ranging from GBP 18 to GBP 94 per night. Looking for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay? You might like these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties:
- Kaluku Gili Resort, averaging GBP 32.45/night
- Scallywags Mango Motel, averaging GBP 28.8/night
Kaluku Gili Resort, a 3-star favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.9 out of 5 user rating. Also Scallywags Mango Motel has a 4.4 rating by guests.
Dressing for Gili Air
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 22°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 30°C, while the average at night is 21°C
- July through September has daytime averages of 30°C with nighttime averages of 20°C
- In October–December, you can expect daytime averages of 31°C and nighttime averages of 22°C
- About 43 millimetres of rain falls on Gili Air each year